Wishing our Muslim friends a Very Happy “Eid Mubarak!!!” and here comes a recipe to celebrate it…
Watalappan is a famous traditional recipe of Sri Lanka especially very popular amongst our Muslims friends. It is one of the favourite desserts. Although the dish is very famous in Sri Lanka there is a belief that this dish has a Malay origin.
|Thick Coconut Milk||200ml|
|Kithul Jaggery (Grated)||110g|
|Brown Sugar||2 TBS|
|Vanilla Extract||1 TSP|
|Nutmeg Powder||1/2 TSP|
|Roasted Cashew Nuts||25g|
How I made it:-
- Grate the palm/ kithul jaggery and set aside.
- In a food blender crack both the eggs one by one.
- Beat the egg in the same blender until fluffy.
- Add grated jaggery, brown sugar, coconut milk, vanilla extract and nutmeg powder.
- Blend until it becomes fluffy without any lumps.
- Strain the mixture and pour into a steaming bowl.
- Cover with foil.
- Place the bowl in a double boiler and steam for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the roasted cashews and steam for another 15 minutes or until just set.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Easy Related Posts
Milk (Maid) Peda
Special Diwali Wishes to Everyone!!! Happy to share a simple, yet very popular and yummy dish ...read more
Rava Ladoo - Semolina Laddu
Most of Sri Lankan families do not eat sweets on a regular basis. Only on ...read more
Two Tone Marshmallows
Merry Christmas to all my viewers! Celebrate this Christmas with these easy to make Marshmallows. The ...read more
Family Chocolate Cake
Everyone love this family chocolate cake and the frosting is a classic. This wonderful, rich ...read more