Wishing our Muslim friends a Very Happy “Eid Mubarak!!!” and here comes a recipe to celebrate it…
Watalappan is a famous traditional recipe of Sri Lanka especially very popular amongst our Muslims friends. It is one of the favourite desserts. Although the dish is very famous in Sri Lanka there is a belief that this dish has a Malay origin.
|Thick Coconut Milk||200ml|
|Kithul Jaggery (Grated)||110g|
|Brown Sugar||2 TBS|
|Vanilla Extract||1 TSP|
|Nutmeg Powder||1/2 TSP|
|Roasted Cashew Nuts||25g|
How I made it:-
- Grate the palm/ kithul jaggery and set aside.
- In a food blender crack both the eggs one by one.
- Beat the egg in the same blender until fluffy.
- Add grated jaggery, brown sugar, coconut milk, vanilla extract and nutmeg powder.
- Blend until it becomes fluffy without any lumps.
- Strain the mixture and pour into a steaming bowl.
- Cover with foil.
- Place the bowl in a double boiler and steam for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the roasted cashews and steam for another 15 minutes or until just set.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Easy Related Posts
Condensed Milk Ice Cream
There's NO better way to cool down during summer than with a delicious scoop of ...read more
Two Tone Marshmallows
Merry Christmas to all my viewers! Celebrate this Christmas with these easy to make Marshmallows. The ...read more
Semolina and Coconut Rock
This soft and chewy semolina and coconut rock is popular with children in Sri Lanka. ...read more
Chocolate Walnut Brownies
Celebrate this Christmas with these scrumptious, deep, chocolate brownies. If you like a gooey brownie, ...read more