Ulundu vadai is another awesome street food specialty that resembles a savory doughnut. These crisp deep-fried fritters are popular savory snack in Sri Lanka & India available almost everywhere. These urad dhal fritters are perfect with a coconut chutney and ketchup. In South India there are a number of varieties of this ulundu vadai. Some of the most popular varieties includese Sambar vadai, rasam vadai and curd vadai (Dahi Vada).
|Urad Dhal||1 Cup|
|Onion||1 (Finely Chopped)|
|Green Chili||2 (Finely Chopped)|
|Curry leaves||1 Sprig (Finely Chopped)|
|Ginger||2 ½ Cm (Minced)|
|Salt||½ TSP or to taste|
|Oil||For deep frying|
How I made it:-
- Soak the urad dhal for 2 hours.
- Grind the urad dhal till smooth with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add Chopped onion, green chili, curry leaves and minced ginger to the ground urad dhal with salt.
- Form the mixture into balls, and then make a hole in the center of each ball (like a doughnut).
- Place them in a plastic sheet or banana leaf.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Carefully slide each into the pan and deep fry till golden.
- Remove from oil and drain excess oil on kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with green coconut chutney or with ketchup.
Easy Related Posts
Point Pedro Vadai
Vadai is a savory snack made from deep-fried lentils. Some they call it Paruthi Thurai ...read more
Fish Puff Pastry
Making your own pastries at home is one of the most satisfying things you can ...read more
Prawn Vadai - Isso Vadai
This tasty prawn vadai is from Sri Lanka. This is a simple snack dish that ...read more