Ulundu vadai is another awesome street food specialty that resembles a savory doughnut. These crisp deep-fried fritters are popular savory snack in Sri Lanka & India available almost everywhere. These urad dhal fritters are perfect with a coconut chutney and ketchup. In South India there are a number of varieties of this ulundu vadai. Some of the most popular varieties includese Sambar vadai, rasam vadai and curd vadai (Dahi Vada).
|Urad Dhal||1 Cup|
|Onion||1 (Finely Chopped)|
|Green Chili||2 (Finely Chopped)|
|Curry leaves||1 Sprig (Finely Chopped)|
|Ginger||2 ½ Cm (Minced)|
|Salt||½ TSP or to taste|
|Oil||For deep frying|
How I made it:-
- Soak the urad dhal for 2 hours.
- Grind the urad dhal till smooth with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add Chopped onion, green chili, curry leaves and minced ginger to the ground urad dhal with salt.
- Form the mixture into balls, and then make a hole in the center of each ball (like a doughnut).
- Place them in a plastic sheet or banana leaf.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Carefully slide each into the pan and deep fry till golden.
- Remove from oil and drain excess oil on kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with green coconut chutney or with ketchup.
Easy Related Posts
Sri Lankan Fish Cutlets
Sri Lankan fish cutlet is a party time favourite in Sri Lanka and most popular Sri ...read more
Prawn Vadai - Isso Vadai
This tasty prawn vadai is from Sri Lanka. This is a simple snack dish that ...read more
Pineapple with Chilli Mixture
Pineapple with chilli mixture is a popular fruit snack sold on the beach side. If you ...read more
Sri Lankan Patties
A favorite tea time snack of Sri Lanka. These patties were used to be sold at all ...read more