This tin fish curry tastes so delectable and it is hot and spicy and goes well with white rice and simple stir fried vegetable dish. You won’t believe how fast and easy it is – You can prepare easily less than 30 minutes. Here i have used Mackerel tin fish, but you can use any choice of your fish.
Clean the tin fish as follows:
Here i have used Mackerel tin fish but you can use Sardine tin fish also, the taste wise no different.
|Mackerel tin fish||230g|
|Onion||1 Large (Sliced)|
|Green capsicum/Bajji Milagai/Maalu Miris||2 (Sliced lengthwise)|
|Rampe/Pandan Leave||1(cut into pieces)|
|Curry Leaves||1 Sprig|
|Ginger||1 TSP (Minced)|
|Garlic||1 TSP (Minced)|
|Chili Powder||½ TBS or adjust according to taste|
|Turmeric Powder||1 TSP|
|Coriander Powder||2 TSP|
|Coconut cream/Coconut Milk||2TBS/100ml|
|Salt||1 TSP or to taste|
|Cinnamon Stick||1 Inch|
|Mustard Seeds||1 TSP|
|Fenugreek Seeds||2 TSP|
|Urad Dhal||1 TSP|
|Fennel seeds||2 TSP|
Cooking method in pictures:
How i made it:-
- Wash the fish gently with running water to clear the tomato sauce from the fish and then remove the soft bone in the middle of the fish. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over moderate heat.
- Add the Cinnamon Stick, Mustard seeds, Fenugreek seeds, urad dhal, fennel seeds and peppercorns and gently brown, stirring for 30-40 seconds.
- Add the onion, Rampe and curry leaves and cook for 1 Minute until onion starts to soften.
- Stir in the minced ginger and garlic.
- Now add the capsicum along with tomatoes and stir fry for 1 minute and then add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder with salt.
- Sauté until tomatoes and masala get soft.
- Add water and bring to a slow boil and simmer to allow flavours to infuse.
- Now add the fish carefully not to break the fish. Cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add coconut cream or milk stirring carefully. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Allow curry to stand for 15 minutes before serving with hot rice or any bread.