Sri Lankan Muslims are very fond of eggs. And they have many ways of preparing them. This curry made with an omelette cut into strips. The gravy is like a thick spicy coating around the omelette strips. I named this curry Swiss roll omelette curry because of the way when we cut the egg, we have to roll the egg like Swiss roll.
For the omelette:
|Green Chillies||2 (Chopped)|
|Onion||1 Medium (Chopped finely)|
|Coriander Leaves||2 TSP (Chopped)|
|Black pepper powder||1/8 TSP|
For the curry paste:
|Fresh coconut||2 TBS (Grated)|
|Cumin seeds||½ TSP|
|Fennel seeds||½ TSP|
|Coriander powder||2 TSP|
|Red chili powder||1 TSP|
|Turmeric Powder||½ TSP|
|Garam Masala Powder||½ TSP|
For the curry:
|Onion||1 Large (Sliced)|
|Green Chilies||2 (Chopped)|
|Tomato||1 Large (Sliced)|
|Coconut milk||2 TBS|
|Salt||1 TSP or to taste|
How i made it:-
- To make the omelette, whisk the eggs, add the onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, freshly ground pepper and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a large pan and, when oil is hot pour in the egg mixture.
- When the lower side of the omelette is cooked, turn the omelette over with a large spatula.
- Let the other side cook, then remove from the heat.
- First cut the omelette in half and then roll the omelette like Swiss roll and cut in to strips. Set aside.
- To make the curry paste, put the coconut, cumin, fennel seeds, coriander, red chili powder, turmeric and garam masala powders in to a blender.
- Add two tablespoon of water and grind to a fine paste. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok and fry the sliced onions over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and fry for 4 minutes.
- Add little more oil if the mixture sticks to the pan. Fry the curry paste properly without the raw smells.
- Add the green chilies and tomato and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add water and salt to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the bubbles to appear.
- Add the omelette strips and coconut milk.
- Cook for further 4 minutes over a low heat.
- Serve hot with plain rice.