This is a lovely beet-root curry recipe and easy to cook. A mildly Sweet and spicy curry, it can be served with either rice or breads.
|Beet-Root (Thinly sliced)||250g|
|Onion (Sliced)||1 Large|
|Fresh Green chili (Sliced)||2|
|Garlic (Sliced)||3 cloves|
|Chili powder||1 TSP|
|Turmeric Powder (Optional)||½ TSP|
|Coriander Powder||¾ TSP|
|Mustard seeds||½ TSP|
|Fenugreek Seeds||½ TSP|
|Coconut Milk/Cream (Thick)||1 TBS|
|Curry Leaves||1 Sprig|
|Salt||1 TSP or to taste|
How I made it:-
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds when they start to splutter add fenugreek seeds.
- Add onions, garlic, curry leaves, pandan leaves and green chili. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced beet-root and cook for five to six minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder along with salt. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the water to the pan and cook in a medium flame for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- When the beets become tender and soft add the coconut milk and stir, then cook for 3 minutes.
- When the gravy starts to get dry, remove from fire.
- Serve with plain rice as a side.