Soya meat known as textured vegetable protein. People who are vegetarian this soya gives the equal amount of protein of a meat. There are plenty of varieties of soya meats available in Sri Lankan stores. Most of the soya meat comes with many flavors. Such as chicken, Fish, Prawn, mutton and cuttle fish flavors. Even sometimes with mushroom and vegetable flavor soya meats. This soya meat recipe is easy and quick to prepare.
|Chilli crushed||2 TBS or to taste|
|Small Onion/ Shallots (Sliced)||40gm|
|Green Chili||2 (Sliced)|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 TBS|
|Pandan Leave||½ Inch (Torn)|
|Fennel Seeds||1 TSP (Pounded)|
|Turmeric Powder||½ TSP|
|Curry leaves||2 Sprig|
|Salt||1 TSP or to taste|
How I made it:-
- Boil the soya meat in salted hot water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once boiled, drain the soya meat and let it cool down for 5 minutes or so.
- Completely squeeze out the water in the soya meat.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add the pounded fennel seeds. (Lightly ponded fennel gives nice aroma rather than putting whole fennel seeds.)
- Keep the flame to low.
- Add the curry leaves, ginger garlic paste, green chili, pandan leaves and sliced onions.
- Sauté for 3 minutes until onions turn translucent.
- Add the soya meat and sauté for 5 minutes until the soya meat become little dry.
- Now add the chopped tomato along with the salt, turmeric powder and crushed chili powder.
- If the soya meat comes with any flavor add it now and stir continuously.
- Once the tomato and spices are well coated with soya meat remove from heat.
- Serve hot as a side with plain boiled rice or any vegetable rice.
Easy Related Posts
Kale Mallung Stir-Fry with Coconut
I prepare this Kale mallung at least twice in a week for lunch. Preparing this kale ...read more
An easy and quick vegetable noodles recipe for those who are singles and working couples. You ...read more