Hi All, hope you all are doing fine. It’s been a while I have posted a recipe. It’s been a busy last month with family visits, shopping and travelling with no time for posting. And yes, hope you would have heard about the Haze in Singapore which hit the historical 401 PSI mark, it was terrible.
Here I am back into my action.. 🙂
Soya meat curry is another favorite recipe of Sri Lanka, It is really simple to make and adjust the spiciness according to your taste.
|Chili Powder||1 TBS or to taste|
|Green Chili||2 (Sliced)|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 TBS|
|Pandan Leaf (Optional)||½ Inch (Torn)|
|Fennel Seeds||1 TSP|
|Cinnamon stick||½ Inch|
|Turmeric Powder||½ TSP|
|Curry leaves||1 Sprig|
|Coconut Cream||1 TBS|
|Garam Masala||½ TSP|
|Salt||1 ½ TSP or to taste|
How I made it:-
- Boil the soya meat in salted hot water for 5 minutes.
- Once boiled, drain the soya meat and let it cool down for 5 minutes or so.
- Completely squeeze all excess water out.
- Mix the soya meat with turmeric, chili powder together with salt and set aside. If the soya meat comes with any flavor you can add the masala mix too. Take care of the spiciness of the masala and you can adjust the amount of chili powder.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan, add the fennel seeds and cinnamon stick.
- Add the curry leaves, ginger garlic paste, green chili and sliced onions.
- Sauté for 3 minutes until onions turn translucent.
- Add tomato and sauté for another 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the marinated soya meat and sauté for 5 minutes until the soya meat become little dry.
- Splash some water and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add Garam Masala powder and stir.
- Add little water to just to cover the soya meat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow mixture to come to a boil and then reduce the heat.
- Stir in the coconut milk and cook for further 3 minutes.
- Serve hot as a side with plain boiled rice or with any flat breads.