This is a simple chocolate cake that anyone can bake at home. I didnt add much cocoa powder to this recipe, i want it to be a vey mild cocoa taste in the cake. But i am very sure that kids can’t have enough of this mouth-watering chocolate cake, so stock it up with this easy one-pan recipe and enjoy this home-baked chocolate cake with your family.
|Plain/All-purpose Flour||125 g|
|Caster Sugar||125 g|
|Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)||125 g|
|Eggs (Beaten, Room Temperature)||2 (Large)|
|Vanilla extract||½ TSP|
|Cocoa Powder||1 ½ TBS|
|Milk (Room Temperature)||2 TBS|
|Baking Powder||2 TSP|
How i made it:-
- Sift together flour, Baking powder and cocoa powder and set aside.
- Line the cake tin with baking paper or greaseproof paper, then brush the paper evenly with little butter.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c, Gas Mark 4. (Check the conversion chart)
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl using electric beaters at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- The mixture will almost double in volume and should have no trace of any sugar granules.
- Scrape the side of the bowl with spatula several times during the creaming process to make sure the butter and sugar are well combined.
- This will take up to 4-6 minutes.
- With the beaters still running, gradually add the beaten eggs, a little at a time.
- Stir in the Vanilla extract and beat well to combine.
- Gently fold the in the sifted flours and milk.
- Stir until just combined and almost smooth.
- Gently pour the mixture into the tin, spread out evenly and smooth the surface.
- Position the cake in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- To check whether the cake is done or not, insert a fine skewer into the center if it is come out clean without any moisture it is done.
- Leave it in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
If you wish to decorate your cake with chocolate cream icing click the link below.