This soft and chewy semolina and coconut rock is popular with children in Sri Lanka. You can add freshly grated coconut for even more taste. This semolina and coconut rock sweet can be made in a jiffy.
How i made it:-
- Lightly grease a square tin.
- Put the sugar and water into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the syrup starts to boils.
- Add the semolina slowly at a time and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut, rose water and cardamom powder.
- Add a tiny amount of food coloring and mix well to color evenly.
- Continue to cook for further 8 minutes, or until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the condensed milk and give a good stir.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and make it smooth and flat on top.
- Allow to get cold.
- To serve cut into squares or diamonds.