Cooking a best mutton biryani is always a challenge for every home makers . Most mutton biryani recipes start with a marination with yogurt and together with spices. But this is a simple yet scrumptious mutton biryani.
To marinate the mutton:
|Mutton (chopped into small pieces)||500 Gm|
|Turmeric powder||2 TSP|
|Red Chili powder||1 TSP|
|Basmati Rice||2 Cups|
|Water (to cook rice)||4 Cups|
|Black pepper corns||1 TSP|
|Red onions (Sliced)||2|
|Green Chili||1 or to taste|
|Ginger and Garlic Paste||1 TBS|
|Fennel seeds||1 TSP|
|Fenugreek seeds||½ TSP|
|Red Chili Powder||1 TSP|
|Turmeric Powder||½ TSP|
|Garam Masala||1 TSP|
|Coconut milk (Optional)||1 TBS (Thick)|
|Coriander Leaves||3 TBS|
|Cashew nuts (Fried)||For garnish|
|Salt||1 TSP or to taste|
|Ghee/ Oil||3 TBS|
How i made it:-
- Wash the mutton a couple of times and marinate with salt, turmeric powder and chili powder. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Wash rice and drain.
- Heat 1 TBS oil/ghee in a pan and add cinnamon and peppercorns.
- Add the drained rice along with salt and fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups water and cook until rice is almost done.
- Meanwhile heat ghee/oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, cloves and cardamom. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and green chili sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until onions starts to turn brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Sauté for another 1 minute.
- Add marinated mutton and fry until golden brown.
- Add chili, turmeric, salt, garam masala and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add one table spoon of coconut milk/cream.
- Add ½ cup of water and pressure cook till meat are soft.
- Pour out mutton gravy onto rice and mix well.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves on top and cook on dum till done.
- Garnish with some fried cashew nuts and serve hot with onion raita and with some boiled egg.
Easy Related Posts
Sri Lankan Hoppers
Hoppers are crispy, bowl shaped pancakes made with rice flour that suits breakfast, lunch or ...read more
Chicken Fried Rice
This can be a quick one-dish meal if you use leftover rice. This delicious chicken fried ...read more
Amma's Chicken Biryani
Chicken Biryani’s are flavorful one-pot meals loved by all Indians and Sri Lankans. They are ...read more
Easy Egg Fried Rice
Turn left over rice into tasty egg fried rice. It’s a snap to put together. ...read more