I think “M” become a favorite letter, because last 2 posts started with “M’- Masala Vadai, Mutton Biryani and now Masala Tea :). Masala tea world renowned for being sweet and spicy and it’s a perfect beverage after a heavy meal. If you use the real Assam or Darjeeling tea the masala tea would be taste much better and authentic.
|Milk – Whole/semi skimmed||¾ Cup|
|Ginger Strips||1/2 TBS|
|Green cardamom||2 pods|
|Black peppercorns||1/8 TSP|
|Sugar-brown/white||2 ½ TBS|
|Black tea bags||2|
How i made it:-
- Bring spices, ginger and water to boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the water becomes aromatic.
- Stir in sugar, and then add tea bags.
- Remove from heat.
- Let steep for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat milk over medium heat until just simmering.
- Whisk until frothy.
- Strain tea mixture through a fine strainer into pot.
- Pour the milk into tea mixture and stirring well to combine.
- Serve hot.
- It tastes good with Masala Vadai.