After making marshmallows on my own I found that marshmallows are not that difficult to make and do not require any exotic ingredients. These light, fluffy marshmallows are perfect eating plain. I’m very sure kids will love these fluffy, soft and delicious marshmallows. These marshmallows are specially made for brother’s son. He loves marshmallows.
Unfortunately I couldn’t take pictures of making marshmallows due to the rainy weather on the day that I make. Please excuse me for not taking pictures and, I will soon post the step by step pictures with other colorful homemade marshmallows.
|Granulated Sugar||500 gm.|
|Icing Sugar||90 gm.|
|Corn Flour||30 gm.|
|Lime Juice||2 TSP|
|Vanilla Extract||1 TSP|
How I made it:-
- In a large bowl sift icing sugar together with the corn flour and set aside.
- Oil the bottom and sides of the flat baking pan, wiping it down with paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Lightly coat the baking pan liberally with the sifted sugar and corn flour mixture.
- Pour the water in a large pan and add the sugar, and salt and set over high heat.
- Stir occasionally and boil for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture reach to the soft ball stage.
- Meanwhile mix the gelatin with ¼ cup Tablespoons of water or you can microwave the gelatin (without water) on high power until completely melted about 30 to 35 seconds.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into the syrup. Stir with the wooden spoon until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Use a hand held mixture to beat the mixture on highest setting for 10 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and lime juice to the marshmallow mixture and mix until just combined.
- The finished marshmallow will be opaque white fluffy, and tripled in volume.
- Pour into the prepared pan, working as quickly as possible.
- Using an offset spatula to smooth it into corners.
- Sift coating evenly and generously over top.
- Let the marshmallows set at room temperature for at least 4 hours.
- Use a knife to loosen the marshmallow from edges of the pan.
- Invert the slab onto a dusted corn flour work surface and cut into squares. (pizza cutter works great)
- Sift the corn flour mixture back into the empty baking pan and roll the individual marshmallows through it to cover.
- Shake off any excess corn flour mixture.
- Store at room temperature up to a week.
- Enjoy your own home made marshmallows.
Easy Related Posts
Milk (Maid) Peda
Special Diwali Wishes to Everyone!!! Happy to share a simple, yet very popular and yummy dish ...read more
Rava Ladoo - Semolina Laddu
Most of Sri Lankan families do not eat sweets on a regular basis. Only on ...read more
Two Tone Marshmallows
Merry Christmas to all my viewers! Celebrate this Christmas with these easy to make Marshmallows. The ...read more
Family Chocolate Cake
Everyone love this family chocolate cake and the frosting is a classic. This wonderful, rich ...read more