Gotu Kola (Vallarai) is a commonly use green in Sri Lanka. This green can be served as a salad or as porridge. Botanical name of this green is Centella asiatica (Wiki). Adding this green leafy vegetable in your meal/diet will add more nutritional value to your meal. It has many medicinal values.
|Gotu Kola (Chopped)||1 Bunch|
|Green Chili (Finely Chopped)||3|
|Fresh grated coconut||2 TBS|
|Lime Juice||1/2 TSP|
|Freshly ground pepper||½ TSP|
|Salt||1/4 TSP or to taste|
How I made it:-
- Wash the Gotu Kola and chop finely. Set aside.
- Chop the shallots and green chili.
- In a medium bowl mix gotu kola, onion, green chili, grated coconut, pepper and salt together.
- Lastly add lime juice and mix again.
- Serve this fresh and nutritious salad immediately as a side.