Sesame balls are so nutritious and easy to make. Sri Lankan sesame balls are tasty and with pounded palm jaggery it tastes awesome. Recently i studied a article about sesame seeds and it says that, a handful of sesame seeds contain more calcium than a glass of milk, they are beneficial for maintaining bones and preventing disorders related to week bones and teeth. As such, osteoporosis in middle aged and older women is prevented to a great extent. Also it helps to lower the cholesterol.
Healthier dessert for your sweet tooth too.
|Sesame Seeds (White)||200 gm.|
|Ghee/rice flour||1 TBS|
How I made it:-
- Dry roast the sesame seeds until it turns brown in colour and starts to crackles.
- Same time boil the water then adds the jaggery over medium heat and stir until the jaggery starts to dissolves and blends to form a paste.
- To check the consistency of the syrup, simply drop the syrup in water and check if its get harden.
- Once you’ve got the right consistency of the syrup mix the sesame seeds in it.
- Grease the ghee/rice flour on your palm of your hands and roll into balls.
- Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!